Friday, July 10, 2009

on the floor again



after climbing a problem at the circuit climbing gym that i had been stuck on for a couple weeks, my arms were too pumped for the descent .  i dropped down and heard what sounded like a big branch being snapped in half. then i saw that my foot wasn't properly attached. it was at a 90 degree angle. it reminded me of when my brother, ty, and i were watching the 1988 super bowl bangals vs. 49ers.  tackle, steve wallace for the 9ers was hit, his ankle was broken and they kept replaying footage of his foot just flopping around in his sock over and over again. my foot wasn't flopping. it was wedged. go vikes! a few bones in my ankle were broken, so were my tibia and fibula. i had surgery so now it's the healing business. 12 weeks until i am freestyle walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment