Sunday, July 15, 2012

I am the happiest girl in the world

I love working at Chrome. Love it.... but I'd be a big fat liar if I told you I didn't miss wrenching on bikes. Sooooo...... I got myself the sweetest project of all: 1978 Yamaha XS 650. It's one year older than me! This is going to be a total tear down project but that is the exciting part for me. It was on Craigslist for a couple of hours and I found out about it because Tony Pereira sent me a link. He has the same model and just finished his project. I am so excited!!!
This is what I want it to look like ish My pal, James Crowe (comes in at the 2:52 mark) inspired me to get the XS650.

3 comments:

  1. How did you get into wrenching on bikes? Also are you going to turn this into a cafe racer styled bike?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a bicycle mechanic for almost 6 years until I started working for Chrome. Although, I have been into motorcycles since I was a wee one. Very familiar with this bike, but have a lot to learn. I am lucky to have friends that do this for a living that will help out. Thinking about a tracker brat style.

      Delete
  2. I would love to get into wrenching on bikes. I have also been into motorcycles for a longtime and that is one beautiful bike. It would definitely be a sweet tracker brat. Btw is the radio show still going?

    ReplyDelete